Fall Outing



The day started with pony rides, (an especially exciting treat for Lauren, our horse lover) followed by a trip to our favorite apple orchard. The kids were able to hold baby chickens and goats, play in a huge bin of dried corn, pet piglets and cows and hop on a real tractor. Of course a trip to an apple orchard would not be complete without some apple picking. It took the kids about 10 minutes to pick enough apples to last us for a month! Lauren summed up our day best when she said on the way home, "Boy, that was a day!"










4 comments:

Rachel said...

What a perfect way to spend an autumn day! I would love to visit an apple orchard with you guys. I love all the pictures. The kids look like they are having the time of their lives!

The McKinstry Family said...

That looks like so much to visit an orchard. I wish that we had one like that close by.

Dahl Family said...

How fun! I must say that I think your kids are very brave for holding the chicks and goats. I just don't know if I'd be willing to hold a goat. :)

NAT said...

How fun! That last picture of the trees is gorgeous! Oh, and Lauren looks just like you!