A Visit to Utah for Mom's 60th Birthday



This past weekend I made a surprise visit to Utah for my mom's 60th birthday. I decided to be spontaneous and at the last minute bought tickets for a quick visit. Lisa was the only one who knew I was coming. We planned to surprise Mom and Dad before church. The plan was to first have Lisa take Ella to meet my parents. We thought it would be fun to see if they would recognize Ella and then I would appear around the corner. Our plan was foiled since Mom and Dad came out a different door and ended up seeing me first. Mom just stood there crying while my dad came and hugged me. Once it registered that I was really there, Mom gave me a big hug and then gave Ella a squeeze. During most of church I think mom still didn't believe we were there.

We had a great time on our short visit. Lisa and Dad planned a surprise party for mom on Sunday night, so I had the chance to see some family members that I haven't seen for quite a long time. As another surprise Lisa arranged for Mom and Dad to have the day off of work on Monday. Once I arrived Mom finally understood why her boss gave her the day off at the last minute. We spent the day at a fun shop in Farmington, followed by a picnic at a very cute park right at the foot of the mountains (I really miss the mountains). To top off the day, Lisa, Mom and I went to have pedicures together. It was the perfect thing to do before getting back on the plain that evening. It was so nice to see family so close to the holidays.

0 comments: